WE KNOW THAT HAVING A NEW BABY IS AMAZING…AND HARD. WE HELP PROVIDE THE ENVIRONMENT AND PEACE YOU LONG FOR AS YOU TRANSITION TO LIFE AT HOME WITH BABY.
The first days, weeks, and even months, after you welcome your precious baby is often full of many emotions. From the reality of becoming a parent (or adding another baby), postpartum healing, getting to know your baby, processing your birthing time, trying to connect with your partner, wanting to connect with your other children, juggling visitors – the need for an experienced and compassionate postpartum doula to help is the best postpartum gift you could give yourself and your family!
WHEN YOU INVEST IN YOUR POSTPARTUM TIME BY HIRING ONE OF OUR DOULAS YOU WILL GET:
• A doula who will meet with you prior to your birthing time to help you plan, and think through everything you will need to have a supported and positive postpartum period.
• A doula who is available for around the clock postpartum shifts to help support your family’s needs and desires.
• A doula who offers genuine emotional support to you. She creates a safe place for you to express what you are feeling about your birth, your baby, and any concerns you may be having.
• A doula who is knowledgeable in the recovery process (what is normal, what is not) for both vaginal birth and cesarean birth.
• A doula who knows the newborn hunger cues, and brings reassurance and encouragement as you feed your baby.
• A doula who is experienced, and knowledgeable in helping in your breastfeeding relationship with your baby. She can help you with common issues that come up, and knows when to connect you with a local Lactation Consultant.
• A doula who provides extensive knowledge and hands on support with baby care such as diapering, bathing, and bottle feeding.
• A doula who is educated in newborn sleeping patterns, and different methods for soothing baby. She is also available for helping support you during overnights so you can get some additional rest and recovery.
• A doula who provides information on sibling transitions, and who helps bring practical ideas of comfort as other little members of the family adjust to the new baby. She also makes some amazing homemade meals, and snacks to help keep everyone well fed and happy.
• A doula who understands how overwhelming it can be to see things start piling up, and so gladly jumps in to help do some light housekeeping, cooking, or organizing.
• A doula who is more than willing to run errands for you, and give you the space to just be with your baby, and family.
• A doula who understands postpartum emotions and any variations. She has vetted community resources if needed to help support you to help promote a wonderful postpartum period.
• A doula who has experience in cloth diapering: the different systems, troubleshooting, and all the how to’s. She offers hands on help, and can confidently answer any and all questions you may have.
• A doula who is experienced and knowledgeable in helping you bond with your baby through baby wearing. She is well versed in different wraps, carriers, and slings, and will provide both information and hands on guidance.
We customize our postpartum packages entirely around your desires. We have doulas who are available for daytime support and overnight care. Together, we create a postpartum plan to help you have the best start to parenthood you can have.