Having an experienced birth doula can help your birthing experience be one of transformation and empowerment. Our birth doulas offer knowledge, reassurance, advanced comfort measures, advocacy, and practical assistance during your pregnancy, labor, and birth. We help you and your partner feel confident about your journey and support you in all your desires.
• The full support of the OG doula group in Marquette who altogether have over two decades plus of birth and newborn experience.
• Doulas who have great professional relationships with the doctors, midwives, nurses, and staff at all local hospitals (through many years of consistency and establishing trust and validity). We are even recommended directly by a local doctor office!
• Doulas who are available to answer all the questions that you have about pregnancy, labor, birth, and the postpartum period. You can be confident in knowing that we are giving you up to date and evidence-based information, not just our opinion.
• Doulas who support ALL your choices for your birth and parenting. We want to see you thrive!
• Doulas who have worked alongside many dads/partners, and who always encourage the role in which your partner wants to be in. We will never take their role, but help to provide family-centered support as you go through labor and birth.
• Doulas who have the knowledge and experience in how to help you navigate the choices you may face (both in pregnancy and in your birth). We work for you, and we want to make sure your voice and desires are heard and respected throughout.
• Doulas that provide support in whatever environment you are choosing to labor in. We provide physical comfort measures, breathing techniques, continuous unwavering emotional support, and more as you go through labor and birth.
• Doulas that will provide support after your birth that helps facilitate bonding. Including breastfeeding support and skin-to-skin!
• Doulas that will meet with you in the postpartum time to see how your transition to parenthood is going, and provide any local resources that you may need.